CS 172 :: Principles of Computer Science 2 :: Spring 2017
- Pre-Final Exam Study Session with Erika and Danny: 3-5pm on Sunday in either Williams 303 or 309
- Formative Course Evaluation
- Doug's office hours on Friday, May 5th have been moved from 3-4pm to 11-12pm.
All readings are from:
- Manditory: Introduction to Programming in Java (2007) by Sedgwick and Wayne
- Optional: Java for Python Programmers from Runestone Iteractive
Section 1 - 10am - Prof. Doug Turnbull
- Class: MWF - 10:00-10:50am - Williams 303
- Lab: Tu - 9:25-10:40am - Williams 303
- Office Hours:
- 2pm on Wednesdays, 3pm on Fridays in Williams 321E
- By appointment (email email@example.com)
- Whenever my office door is open
Section 2 - 12pm - Prof. Sharon Stansfield
- Class: MWF - 12:00-12:50pm - Williams 302
- Lab: Tu - 10:50am-12:05 pm - Williams 303
- Office Hours:
- M 10:00-11:00, W 2:00-3:00, F 1:00-2:00 - Williams 401E
- If you can't make these, send me an email with your free times and we will schedule a meeting.
TA's & Evening Help Sections
- Course TAs: Danny Akimchuk, Melody Wallace, Erika Rumbold
- Help Sessions: Monday, Wednesday, and Thrusdays from 7-9pm in Williams 303
- Course Textbook: Introduction to Programming in Java (2007) by Sedgwick and Wayne - $71 at Amazon
- Reference: Java For Python Programmers - Free Online Textbook
- Reference: From Python to Java - Free Online Cheatsheet
Generic Weekly Schedule
|1st Fri||1st Mon||1st Tues||1st Wed||1st Thurs||2nd Fri||2nd Mon||2nd Tues|
| Reading, HW,
|HW Due||Work on Lab|| HW Handed
|Lecture #1||Lecture #2||Lecture #3|
|Evening Study Session 7-9pm (Erika)||Evening Study Session 7-9pm (Erika)||Evening Study Session 7-9pm (Danny)|
- Labs will generally be assigned on Friday and will be due the following Friday before class.
- We will have weekly 20-minute quizzes on Tuesdays at the beginning of class. Make sure you arrive on time.
- Please email me AHEAD of time if you will be late or miss a quiz. Otherwise you will get a 0 for that quiz.
- But you will be allowed to drop your lowest quiz grade
- All evening study sessions will be in Williams 303 or Williams 309.
- Office hours in Williams 321E (Doug's Office) or Williams 401E (Sharon's Office)